Equipment and Amenities
We will try our best to keep this equipment list as up to date as possible. At the start of your charter, we will provide an up to date inventory list.
Berths (sleeps 6 adults)
Moon and Stars is an owner's version Catana 472. The sleeping quarters are located in the hulls. There are 3 cabins and 2 bathrooms. All bedding and towels are provided. Moon and Stars is a smoke-free vessel.
In the starboard hull...
- The master suite occupies the entire starboard hull.
- The master cabin contains a king-sized bed, a desk/vanity table and chair, and 2 hanging lockers. This cabin is located in the aft section of the starboard hull.
- The master cabin also has a flat screen, DVD player and FM radio.
- The master bathroom is located in the forward section of the starboard hull. The master bath contains a separate head, sink/vanity, and a large walk-in shower.
In the port hull...
- There are two staterooms with a shared bath between them.
- The largest of the two staterooms is located in aft section of the port hull. The aft stateroom can be configured either as a king-sized bed or two singles. The room contains a small settee, hanging lockers, and shelves.
- The stateroom in the forward section contains a v-shaped bed that is roughly the size of a queen (at the shoulders). The forward room contains a desk/vanity table and chair, hanging lockers, shelves and drawers.
- Tons of storage lockers and shelves in the hallway between the cabins
If you're planning to hire a Captain, please keep in mind that you will need to set aside a berth for the Captain (normally the port forward stateroom).
- Length: 47'
- Beam: 25.3 ft
- Draft (min): 3.7 ft
- Draft (max): 7.5 ft
- Sails & rigging: main, self-tacking jib, gennaker, 3 electric and 5 manual winches
- Fuel capacity: 212 gallons
- Water capacity: 185 gallons
- Weight: ~26,000 lbs
- Cruise speed: 6-8 kts
- Tender: 10' with 15 hp Mercury outboard
- US Coast Guard Registered
- Built in 2001
- 2 Volvo Penta sail drives, 50 hp each (diesel)
- 212 gal fuel tank
- Victron Quattro 220V inverter/charger
- Mastervolt 110V charger
- Solar panels and Air-X wind turbine
- Firefly Carbon Foam AGM house bank
- Life preservers, throw sling, MOB pole
- Fire extinguishers
Electronics & Navigation
- B&G Autopilot
- Raymarine – GPS, radar, chart plotter,
- B&G – wind speed, depth, VOG,
- FLIR system
- AC and heating
- CD/DVD player and flat screen in salon
- DVD player and flat screen in master cabin
- Lounge areas in cockpit and trampoline
- Four burner propane gas stove and oven
- 200 L top loading refrigerator, 100 L front loading freezer
- Sink with filtered drinking water and hot/cold freshwater
- Cookware, utensils, dishes and glassware
- Magma 2-burner BBQ in cockpit
- Cleaning supplies